Every contest has rules! Make sure you follow these ones, and your entries will not be disqualified or wasted …
The rules for Wiki Loves Africa are …
- Rule 1: All photos must be taken by the person submitting them. They can be either self-uploaded or uploaded during a registered mass upload session.
- Rule 2: Uploads can only be done from the 1st of February 2019 to 1st of March 2019. You can enter media that was taken at any time, even historical photographs (as long as you own the copyright on these photographs), but they must be uploaded during those dates.
- Rule 3: Images must be free of watermarks or embedded signatures to be eligible. All entries will automatically be submitted under a free licence such as Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 (CC-BY-SA 4.0) (or in the public domain). Read more about the cc-by-sa license here.
- Rule 4: All eligible pictures will be categorised under Images from Wiki Loves Africa 2019, this will be automatically assigned during the upload process. (Feel free to add other relevant category descriptions to make the images more usable.)
- Rule 5: Participants must enable e-mail on Wikimedia Commons so they can be contacted should their image be chosen for a prize.
Please note: There are events happening in the major cities of countries across Africa. Please watch the social media channels for news about what is happening near you!